Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My Wednesday Golden Globes

So I may not be getting any awards for my weight-loss over at BlogToFit, but, this morning, I got two pieces of news, that to me are as good as a Golden Globe. Firstly, I did as I should have been doing for the past several Wednesdays and got on the scales for the Wednesday Weigh In and was staggered to make a very pleasant discovery.


Join the Wednesday Weigh-In at BlogToFit

Starting weight: 125lbs (8 stone 9lbs)
Goal weight: 112lbs (8 stone - pre-babies weight)
Weight last week: Well, actually it’s been a month since I last weighed myself, so I’ve been a slacker, but last time on the scales was my first time on them in a very long time. And as reported, I was 8 stone 9lbs.
Weight this week: 8 stone 7lbs.
Weight lost: 2lbs! Two whole pounds! This is great news and I award myself a pat on the back. Cookies eaten in a week: One. This I am very pleased about and the only one I had was after a particularly strenuous bit of sledging with the family. I couldn’t have the hot chocolate without the shortbread. That would be like curry without naan bread. Wrong.
Exercise: Didn’t do too well with this. I went to the gym, a few times, but sat in the cafe reading my book for bookclub, while the kids went in the creche. However, me and Him Downstairs have played on the Wii A LOT since Christmas, and I really believe this is the reason behind the lack of 2lbs round my thighs and the absence of the usual January flabby blues I feel. Instead of sitting on my derrier every night, leaping about the lounge attempting to bowl or play baseball has made a difference. The proof seems to be in the scales.

I am amazed I got through the Xmas excess and came off 2lbs lighter. This has spurred me on to lose another pound for next week and I don't even need to do a breathy Kate Winslet-esque thank you speech!

Secondly, and this piece of news, is a bona fide award. NotSupermum and Confused Take That Fan have both awarded me another bit of bling bless them. I'm very, very touched by such a kind gesture, especially as I don't think I've ever been called 'charming' before. They are both estimable writers who's blogs always brighten my day. If you've not checked them out yet, I urge you to go forth and visit.

As bloggy rules require, I have to include the following text with my award:

"Blogs who receive this award are "exceedingly charming," says it's authors. This award is a fine one because it focuses not on the glory and fanfare of blogging, but in the PROXIMITY to one another through this online-world. "This blog invests and believes in the PROXIMITY--nearness in space, time and relationships. These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement! Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers! Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this clever-written text into into the body of their award."

Friendships are indeed propagated through blogging, something I think is the heart of the blogosphere. And having an award going round for "aiming and finding friends" through blogging is delightful.

I'm going to be a bit of a rebel though, and pass the baton on to just two other writers who, through our comments on each others posts, I've become bloggy friends with. Nappy Valley Girl and 39 and counting. Both their blogs are exceedingly charming, and I only wish I could write as well as they do.

To celebrate my two golden globes, am off to twirl the boys round the living room to Keane's Perfect Symmetry. With any luck, I'll burn off another half pound at the same time, if I don't trip over a Hot Wheels toys first, that is.

Ready. Set. Go!

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the weight loss (how the hell did you do that ? over Christmas !!! much impressed, I ate my body weight in maltesers and fruit and nut toblerones) and also on your lovely award, a very charming recipient and also a very charming giver x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Thank you so much Meryl, Anne...oh God , who's the other one? etc

    No seriously, thanks very much for the award. That's lovely of you.
    And well done on the weight loss. I'm trying to cut the carbs for January, but keep giving in to temptation....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blimey, that cookie diet really does work!
    Well done on the weight loss and well done on the friendship award.
    Very well deserved both. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Mom/Mum - you are lovely and your kind words warmed my winter night! If I'd known that awards were going to be presented I'd have got a posh frock on rather than monging on the sofa in jeans and jumper!
    I love Keane - we finally got tickets to see them in February... cant wait! Me and Other Half will be the oldest moshers in the pit!
    And.... Good on you for the 2lb loss over Xmas - am impressed! Note to self - must do more twirling! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go on the weight loss! It can be a real challenge. (I've failed at it for years!)

    Mike
    Exit78

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats missus! Wow, what height are you? Your current weight was my starting weight coming to the US. I don't think I'll ever see 125 ever again. Good luck, I'll be rooting for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the Weight Loss Keep up the good work

    Tag your it.

    The tag rules are on my blog (plus my tag answers if your interested ;) )I don't want to clutter your Comment section with them.

    ReplyDelete