Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Photo Tag



I got tagged today by the lovely 39 And Counting, so not wanting to be a spoil sport, I decided to join in and play by the rules. (For once, I haven't bent them either to suit myself.)

The rules are:
Go to the 4th folder in your computer where you store your pictures
Pick the 4th picture in that folder
Explain the picture
Tag 4 people to do the same


It's a good game as behind every picture is a story to tell...

Here I am in June 2008 riding a bike for the first time in about four years. (As you can see, I obviously have no idea what the pedals are for.) Hmmm, never been one for two wheels! This picture was taken by Him Downstairs, who was huffing and puffing behind me pulling the two boys on a bike trailer. I got the 'easy job' apparently.

We are cycling around Mackinac Island during our first ever family summer vacation in the USA. (It was only about 3 or 4 miles round the whole island. As I say, I'm a fair weather cyclist!) This island is in the beautiful Northern region of Michigan. The scenery reminded us of northern France and no cars are allowed on it, so everyone gets round by horse drawn carriage or bicycles. I should have worn shorts as long flowy skirt wasn't the most practical attire, as my husband pointed out far too many blooming times. Bless him.

But I didn't end up with the sunburnt nose, now did I?

Anyway, I have to say I love this picture. It reminds me of the fun we had on that vacation and how much I'm looking forward to going there again, which we hope to do this summer, for the 4th July celebrations. (Thank goodness the fourth one in the fourth folder wasn't a picture I wouldn't share with my nearest and dearest, let alone blogland.)

To watch the boys build sancastles, splash in the water, eat ice creams and laugh at Mummy and Daddy cycling, (yes, thank you boys) was really, really lovely. That was the summer where my babies became little boys and we bonded more and watched TV less!

Must be time to buy myself a bike eh?

And now to my four tagees: Come on Confused Take That Fan, Nappy Valley Girl, Audrey at Multitude and Dave at Teach My Children Well. Dave, you can join in as long as you promise not to use the pic of you in underpants, even if it is the fourth one. OK?!

I can't wait to see all your pictures and read the stories behind them.

7 comments:

  1. Uh oh! I'll see what I find...

    Lovely picture of you though, even from the back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh thanks, Mom/Mum. I just went to the 4th folder and found it was a file called Kodak Pictures which contained all the generic wallpaper pics on the computer! So will have to find something else to explain....

    Audrey's right, what a great picture of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent photo! It looks like something off an ad for blissful family holidays! And I know the skirt may have been a bit impractical for bike riding but it makes for a better photo! Thanks for playing along and well done for not bending the rules. I feel all summery now even though its grey, dreary and (still) raining here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. passo per caso nel tuo blog
    un saluto from Italy, ciao

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it, you look so full of joy !

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm here through momblogs.com perusing the mommys of michigan!! nice to meet you!! we were in mackinac this past summer...biking around the island. it was breathtaking. sadly...i couldn't ride my bike and take pics at the same time.
    sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, what a fab photo and meme! And, I've always wanted to go to Mackinack Island. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete